To use MetaMask on the Polygon network, follow these steps:
- Install the MetaMask browser extension on your device if you have not already done so.
- Open MetaMask and unlock it with your password.
- Click on the network dropdown at the top of the MetaMask window and select "Custom RPC."
- In the "New RPC URL" field, enter the URL for the Polygon network. This should be https://rpc.polygon.io/.
- In the "Chain ID" field, enter the chain ID for the Polygon network. This should be 0x2.
- In the "Symbol" field, enter "MATIC" (without the quotes).
- In the "Block Explorer URL" field, enter the URL for the Polygon block explorer. This should be https://explorer.polygon.io/.
- Click "Save" to add the Polygon network to MetaMask.
- Select the Polygon network from the network dropdown to connect to it.
- You should now be connected to the Polygon network and be able to use MetaMask to interact with it.
Note: You will need some Matic (MATIC) in your MetaMask wallet to use the Polygon network. MATIC is the native cryptocurrency of the Polygon network and is required to pay for transaction fees on the network. If you do not have any MATIC, you can buy some on an exchange or through a service like MetaMask's built-in exchange.